Happy Friday y'all! Yeah. Ok. I know I'm a New Englander, but y'all is so fun to say. C'mon say it. See?
Today's post is a bit of a departure from my usual posts. I was online reading other blogs, Google searching, or doing whatever it is I do and somehow stumbled upon The Space Between (which I will definitely be adding to my reading list) and I was suddenly faced with a challenge.
The challenge was this question:
Now that is a difficult question. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, never mind what I want my blog to be.
But that question forced me to think about why I blog. Well, for starts, I enjoy it. Blogging is teaching me things I never even thought about learning: web design, graphic design, writing, photography. And it's so much fun!
My blog is still a baby blog, and my readers are my dear friends and family (thank you thank you for reading! ). But I dream of a grown up blog. One that draws readers from all over. One that draws readers because they love the content, and not just because they love me (or kinda like me :)).
So, what do I want my blog to be when it grows up?
- I want it to have useful content. A lot of my posts are related to my projects, my progress, my home, but I want to make my blog less about me and more about you. I want to help you tackle your projects.
- I want it to be fun to read. My favorite blogs to read are the funny ones. I want my blog to make you laugh, or at least make you smile. :)
- I want it to be pretty. Every week I make small tweaks to the appearance of my blog, to make it look nicer. I want to get better at that. I want to continue to learn HTML and CSS and Photoshop and make my blog my own. I don't want to be restricted to the Blogger template.
- I want it to teach me new things. Blogging is teaching me to be a better writer, a better photographer, to learn about web design, and tackle new projects. I want that to continue as my blog grows up.
- I want it to inspire people to try new things. When I started this blog, I had no idea what I was doing. Ha, I still don't. It was scary and new, and completely out of my comfort zone. Also, I'm kind of a private person. You want me to share things with the world? Whaaa? But it's been so good for me to share things with you.
- I still want it to make me happy. I blog because it's fun. I enjoy it. I want that to still be true when my blog grows up. I never want to blog for any other reason than because it makes me happy.
- I want it to be successful. I can't help but want that. I'm a competitive person. I do things and I do them well (at least I try).
- If it's not successful, I still want to blog if it gives me joy. I sing and I have a horrible voice. I love to cook and I'm no master chef. I golf and I can't break 125. Why should blogging be any different?
Now to tackle the question of what I want to be when I grow up? I'm still figuring out the answer to that one. Have a fabulous weekend y'all.