And just in time for us to welcome our families to celebrate Passover, Easter, and my birthday. Yay! It will be a great weekend. I'm going to keep this post short and sweet because I still have to put three bedrooms back together, clean the house, go grocery shopping, and make a brisket before our guests arrive tonight. Wooh! I'm sure you can all relate. :)
Just to refresh your memory, here's the den before:
And here's the den after:
Here's what we did:
- Removed textured walls and wainscoting, and replaced them with flat drywall.
- Painted the walls Benjamin Moore's Spanish Olive.
- Added crown molding and 5 1/2 inch baseboard.
- Removed brick veneer from fireplace and refaced it with wood mantle and travertine tile.
- Spray painted the fireplace enclosure black (it was brass).
- Refinished the hardwood floors.
- Wired the room for surround sound and mounted the television.
- Added recessed lighting and dimmer.
It was a big project and took a month from start to finish due to some delays, but we are so happy with the end result. I can't wait to start decorating it!